Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday, March 19th

From Reba in the hospital:

My oncologist, Dr. Xavier,  received a 2nd opinion from Dr. Sant Chawla at Cedars Sanai.  He agrees with her chemotherapy cocktails.  If by chance they don't work, he has a Plan B in mind.  There will be  a re-scan in 3 weeks to check progress.

Yesterday's MRI did not show additional information.  The biopsy indicated sarcoma in utero, fast growing.  Dr. Xavier likened the growth to that of the first 20 weeks of pregnancy in only 20 hours....YIKES!

Dr. Xavier will meet with the tumor board to discuss my case on Monday.

I am guessing I will be released on Tuesday.  Dr. Xavier wants me to stay in the hospital for observation due to the side effects of one of the drugs.  They are watching for mental changes and bladder irritation.

I will have to come by the hospital on Wednesday for an outpatient dose of nulasta (bone marrow protector).  There has to be a 24 hour waiting period after the last chemo drip before I can get that dose.

At home with Brenna and Travis, I will  have to watch my temperature.  Anything = 100.4 we need to call Dr. Xavier immediately.  I hope to be home for three weeks.

In the future I will meet with Dr. Bajador who is my new gyn oncologist for the hysterectomy.  If uterine sarcomas respond well to chemo we will be able to delay the hysterectomy.  If not, it will happen sometime after the second round of chemotherapy.

I'm feeling really good today.  I received 2 pints of blood overnight which gave me fresh pink lips and a rosy complexion; I look just like a covergirl!!  I walked Rondi out to the front and stood by the fountain and got some of nature's VitaminD :) 
xoxoxo  Reba/mom/sister/friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything good!