Monday, March 29, 2010

Great News!

Text from room 829:

IF what Dr. Bahador and Dr. Xavier believe to be true, this round of chemo was succesfull in knocking the cancers way back.

Dr. B also believes I had a "well behaved" cancer in my uterus; a cell escaped and found it's way to the other site.  They want to perform the hysterectomy soon, followed by a very possible outpatient (!!!!!) chemo.

My current stay will most likely be 4 days as my immune system is very low and needs to rebuild.  Dr. X said this situation is not at all unusual.

I'm still very nauseous from my pain shot this morning but this will pass.  I'm getting fluids now to flush me out.  I just had an ultrasound on my legs to check for clots.

There is a definite nap in my future...I don't think there's too much more poking and prodding needed today (cross your fingers).

xoxoxo R.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Reebs... so happy to hear the great news! I've been praying hard and fast! You will have something in the mail when you get home! Lori loves you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's AWESOME news about the chemo working!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm learning from your spirit. Thanks for living your true self 24 hours a day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! So glad the chemo is doing it's job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news about the chemo working!!! HUGS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic news about the chemo! Keep up the good fight Reba!! xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reebs-You are Amazing! Keep up the good work.I'm sending a big bright light to surround you with good stuff.
    xo
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shining Star Reba! Much Love, --G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good news, Reba! Hope you are resting well.
    -Bethers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you Reba! Sending all the positive energy I have your way!!! ~mowianne

    ReplyDelete

Everything good!