Thursday, April 8, 2010

Doctor Appt Thursday!

Hello!

I had a busy morning.  I saw Dr. Xavier, my oncologist, for a check up.  Everything continues to look good with my chemo recovery  :)   I headed off to meet with Dr. Duggan, the GYN Oncologist.  She was impressed with the reduction in size of my uterus, which means the chemo did it's job and knocked it WAY back!  Dr. Duggan shared she had a very similiar case in 1998 and that patient is still doing well, very promising  :)

So now we move forward with the hysterectomy.  It looks like it will be Monday, 4/19, but I won't know for sure until Monday.  I will once again be staying at the lovely Chateau Mercy, most likely a 5-day stay. 

After recovering from the surgery, Round 2 of chemo will be discussed...  a lot will be contingent on what they find during surgery.

I continue to feel great!  After the doctor's appoitments today I met the lovely Leslie Muench for lunch at Beach Grass Cafe in Solana Beach.  Of course I came home from lunch and needed a nap, gee, I'm such a lighweight these days  ;)

Keep the good vibes and prayers coming!  Right now I'm getting a little breather from the battle but soon I'll be right back in there fighting the good fight and I need your support, you are all my source of courage and strength and I thank you!

Big Hugs, Reba

6 comments:

  1. So thankful for the good news. I am very glad you are feeling so well. I always need a nap, it is a Faulkner thing. Love you, and am praying for you. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Reba - I'm so glad you are feeling so well. Great news! Thinking of you every day girl! Laurie-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Reba, it's good to know that you're doing and feeling great. you are in my prayers and will continue to pray for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe y'all went to Beach Grass without ME! I'm so happy to hear the great news! I hope you continue to feel great :) xoxox ILY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beach Grass Cafe sounds a hell of a lot better than doctor's appointments! But keep doing what you have to do. You are doing amazingly well. Count on our continued love and support. Go, fight, win, baby!! ;>) love, Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so great to hear this continued good news! Love Beach Grass... and it was a perfect day for it too! (Kinda jealous over here!) Love you and praying for you...

    ReplyDelete

Everything good!