Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Ok, so I've been home for 2 days but unfortunately the gas pain and the catheter came home with me  :(  I've been feeling pretty crappy so I've been laying really low. 

I never did end up eating in the hospital.  My orders didn't get updated so they never upgraded my diet.  Plus this stay was a crazy one!  Perhaps it was a full moon while I was in?  I had an unpleasant roomate that made life very challenging for about 24 hours but thankfully they moved me to a saner room.  However the person they switched me with was having a rough time with confusion and had yanked her IV out.  There was also a man who would just yell and scream pretty much non-stop until about noon each day...  I tell ya, the hospital is no place to rest.

So I'm home dealing with this unrelenting gas pain and having my catherer, or Mr. Foley as I call it, follow me everywhere I go...  good times, not!  I'm slowly beginning to eat again which is nice  :)  Tomorrow I will go into Dr. Duggan's office to have my staples removed and to see if I can have Mr. Foley detached.  Cross your fingers for me!  As cool as it is to be able to pee standing up, I'm looking forward to feeling normal again.

It's hard to believe my first surgery was only 2 months ago today...  4 hospital stays, which included chemo, nuetropenic fever and another surgery, and I'm still kicking!  Jay thinks I may have a little shell shock from so much in so little time and he's probably right ;)  When I start feeling down I try to focus on how far I've come and the fact that I winning!!! 

Which, by the way, I meant to mention, all the cancer is out of my body with the exception of microscopic cells which my future chemo will take care of!  The pathology came back noting that all biopsies came back "no evidence of tumor".  Yahoooooooooooooooooooo!  Oh, and as far as me being a Zebra... well no longer!  I finally have an official diagnosis...  Grade 2 endometrial endometrioid carcinoma.  However, Dr. Duggan said because it traveled to my colon (the original surgery) she classified it as a Stage 4.

I feel fortunate to have such a clean pathology and I am thrilled I will have many more years added to this life of mine thanks to getting in there and getting things done.  Yeah it's been a lot but I'm alive!  I will be forever thankful to my doctors, my family, my friends and all the other cancer patients and people in general in this world that give me hope, love, support and motivation.

While my fight isn't over just yet, I do feel as though I've reached the summit.  May God continue to grant me the strength to see this thing through.

With love, Reba

18 comments:

  1. My beautiful Reba, I am so happy to hear from you, I was worried and waiting for news, keep going amiga! almost there! Life is waiting for you to make you happier than ever.
    love you friend! Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!!! I'm glad to hear you are going strong! As always lots of love, hugs, and well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reba, you are one amazing lady!! Your positive attitude and sense of fun is a true inspiration to me. Keep up the good healing! Love the hair (wig)!! It's sassy, just like you.
    Love,
    danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT GREAT NEWS!!! I'm glad to hear the cancer is out other than the itty bitty cells left. I knew you were a winner! Hopefully your only last hurdle is one more round of chemo!

    I hope your Gpains go away soon!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing so great, you're almost there!!! We love you so much and know you'll be back in no time! Love You! -B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... that is great news. Got me all choked up. You are such an inspiration. I'm glad you are home, even though you still have some lingering affects from your surgery. Here's to better days ahead!
    Hugs to you,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reba, such good news to hear from you. I love you some much and hate being so far away during this time. I will be in CA in June and I hope we can spend some time together. Sending so many hugs and thankful that I have you in my life. Keep being an amazing strong woman!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reba so glad that your back home, the hospital sound like a mental ward.. Yikes!!! You are an amazing strong woman and I'm sending more hugs and love to you every minute. Can you feel it??? I will be in CA in June and will be poping into San Diego to see you my friend. Love ya sistah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reba, oh my gosh....all you have been through....I hope you get better and better.....you are so strong and your spirit is amazing......If there is anything I can do, please ask....I will keep reading your blog and think good thoughts !!!

    Take care,
    Cathy Burdick

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy for you Reba. You are such a great person and I am so lucky to know you.

    Did someone say Coffee Cart Run?!?

    Love,
    -alex

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy to hear the news. This too shall pass and it is onward and upward ever after. I love wearing the bracelet and thinking of you every hour of every day. I love you so much. Mama Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reba- I am speechless and watch you in wonder and awe! What wonderfull news to hear!! Your positive attitude is something I strive to emulate.
    xoxo
    Debra H.

    ReplyDelete
  13. REEBS!! I am so happy that your pathology results were so awesome! YAY! I hope as I type this, Mr. Foley is no longer your shadow, and your tummy is feeling better! XOXOXO Les

    ReplyDelete
  14. REBA! I HAVE GOOSE BUMPS AS I READ THIS! I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU HAVE A CLEAN PATHOLOGY REPORT! You are so strong and you inspire me. You've been through so much -- I can't even imagine what it was like for you. But it sounds like you're over the biggest hurdle and it's just smooth sailing from here on out. The gas pains do tend to stay with you for a little while....but hang in there. It gets better -- I promise. Take care of yourself and I hope to talk to you soon. ((hugs)) to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aunti! Im so happy as I read this.. "no evidence of tumor"!!! Ahhh... You have been SO strong, positive and simply amazing. I love you so much. I think of you all of the time and check in often. I hope the bubbles escape soon :) xxoo ~ Chaukae

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great news! Get well. Don't overdo! Happy to hear all the biopsies etc are coming back good. Take care Tim from snowy Colorado..(isn't it April 29th?)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Reba,
    Keep up the great job!!! I am thrilled for you. Still sending positive thoughts and love your way. You can never have enough of that, right? :>) Take care. Take it easy. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reba! Such good news, YAY I was pulling for you and hoping for the best ever since I heard the news. Your spirit and attitude are the best, keep up the good progress and I know a lot of people who can't wait to see you! XOXO Craig Conwell

    ReplyDelete

Everything good!